A complete development of the area will turn the Rijnhaven into a new part of the centre. For this redevelopment a third of the water in the Rijnhaven will be filled in to make way for green spaces. The park is 350 meters long and is being designed by Carve together with the municipality of Rotterdam.
Steigerpark will be constructed in several phases. Phase 1 of the park will be placed on 9 concrete hulls.
Assignment | Bartels & Vedder
- Engineering and structural design of:
- the floating foundation | 9 concrete hulls
- mooring poles
- the structure of the deck
- Determining and engineering the stability and draught (depth)
- Principle drawings for the construction of the concrete hulls and the deck
- Client: Municipality of Rotterdam
- Status: In execution | to be completed in 2022